The School Coordinator is responsible for either completing or delegating the key tasks below. Many of these key tasks are spread over the months preceding the date of your Walk the World.
- Engage the student body and administrate the sign up of students who will participate. 6 hours.
- Create the map for the walking route using Google Maps. A guide is provided. 6 or more hours.
- Customise the Team Pack (the list of activities, riddles and games which accompany the map). 5 or more hours.
- Conduct a Risk Assessment of the walking route outlined in the map. 5 hours.
- Recruit and brief Group Leaders (DBS checked responsible adults who walk with a team of students) 5 hours.
- Coordinate the printing and preparation of materials for each team. 3 hours.
- Coordinate the movement of staff and students on the morning of the walk. 1 ½ hours.
- Set-up the room or space where everyone will gather before departing for the walk. 1 hour.