Do I need to ask permission from my local council to shake a tin on the pavement?

Many pavements are owned by the local authority but not all are, for example shopping centres are usually privately owned. Some councils do want you to register with them and ask for permission before you fundraise on the street and some don’t. Often those that do want a fundraising number from you to show that you are genuinely raising money for a charity.

If your local authority needs a fundraising number then please contact us giving your full name, address, email and telephone number and we will issue you with one.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.