- The service is open to all residents of the UK (Excluding Manx and Jersey Telecom customers), You must be 16 or over and please ask the bill payer's permission.
You can donate by texting a correct keyword to the number 70787. Keywords may vary between appeals, please ensure you are using a keyword for the current appeal and that appeal is active.
- Your text message entry will result in a £10 donation to the DEC Appeal for each successful text transaction.
- The following mobile network operators have waived their charges in order to allow the full Donation Value of the reply confirmation text message (described below) to go entirely to support the DEC: 3, O2, EE, Sky, Virgin and Vodafone. In addition, HMRC has confirmed that no VAT should be charged on these donations
- As well as the relevant Donation Value, each text message will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates)
Please note that if you wish to make multiple £10 donations from the same mobile number there is a daily £40 limit.
- If your keyword and short code are valid, and your text message is received within the specified times and dates, you will be charged the £10 donation via a bounce-back message.
Texts to 70787 will cost your standard network rate
- The promoter of the service is the Disasters Emergency Committee.
- We may send outbound texts with links to update you on what your donations are doing to help. You can text STOP at any time to opt out of communications via Text.
- If you have any problems you can call 0844 800 4884 calls to this number cost between 0p and 7per minute depending on your provider, alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The text service is provided by Fonix Mobile PLC. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact Fonix at the following email address: email@example.com or write to Fonix Mobile PLC, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ or call on the following Helpline Number: 0208 114 7001 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:30)
Have more questions? Submit a request