There are lots of ways that you can raise money for the DEC. Here's a few ideas to get you started...
- Set yourself a challenge and run, swim or climb to fundraise
- Get sponsored to quit your bad habits or guilty pleasures
- Get sponsored to bathe in custard, jelly or baked beans
- Get sponsored to shave your head or dye your hair a crazy colour
- Sponsored Silence - Ask family and friends to sponsor you to zip your lips for the day
- Hold a street party with food, drink and games. Have a collection and a raffle to raise funds for the DEC
- Pub Quiz - Bring out your friends’ and neighbours’ competitive sides and donate the entry fees
- Community Funrun - Get your neighbours active and raising money for a good cause
- Zumbathon - (or another type of “thon”) Ask to be sponsored by the hour and see how long you can last!
- Cocktail or Dinner Party - Invite friends over for an evening of food and drinks and ask them to donate
- Sporting Competition - Compete to become the winning team in your favourite sport and donate the competition entry fees
- Birthday or Wedding - If you have a big event coming up ask people to donate instead of giving gifts
At Work or School
- Coffee morning or Bake Sale - Bake cakes, biscuits and buns to sell for a good cause
- Dress up day - Set a theme and charge a pound to dress up
- Raffle - Sell tickets and donate the profits
- Collection Bucket - Simple but effective!
Auctions and Sales
- Sell your unwanted stuff on eBay. Set up your account with a request that all or some of what you make is donated directly to the DEC. See http://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebayforcharity/sell.html for more details.
- Auction of Promises. Rather than selling material goods, ask locals to donate their talents and time and then hold an auction with the proceeds going to the DEC.
- Arrange a fun auction, ask people to donate items to sell and donate the proceeds.
- Take some unwanted antiques to a local auction house and donate what you make.
- Car boot sale - Raise money for the DEC while giving your home a clear out.